All group advising sessions and one-on-one appointments in Fall 2020 will take place virtually via WebEx.
1. Group Advising Sessions
Group advising sessions are intended to serve as an orientation to the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office for incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track. All students are expected to have first attended either a live [or virtual, as of Spring 2020] group advising session or viewed a recording of a group advising session in its entirety prior to requesting a one-on-one appointment with an advisor.
- Rising sophomores and above have met this requirement if they have attended a live [virtual] group advising session at any time prior to Fall 2020 (but all students are always welcome to attend additional sessions!).
- Incoming first-year students or any student new to a pre-medical/dental track in Fall 2020 must attend either a live [virtual] group advising session or view a recording of a group advising session taking place in Fall 2020 or after (Fall 2020 recordings will be posted here).
The tentative Fall 2020 schedule for live [virtual] group advising sessions is:
- Thursday, August 27 / 10-11:30 am
- Monday, September 14 / 11-12:30 pm
- Thursday, October 15 / 1-2:30 pm
- Monday, November 16 / 10-11:30 am
The Group Advising RSVP form can be found here.
Students who have RSVPed to a group advising session will receive a WebEx link one day prior to the session.
2. One-on-One Appointments
If you have met the criteria above and have individualized questions, then you may request a one-on-one appointment with an advisor from the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office.
- Pre-Medical: Submit the appropriate advising appointment request form here.
- Pre-Dental: All one-on-one pre-dental advising appointments should be made with Dr. Thomas Abbott at nexus.uconn.edu. His fall advising hours will be available just prior to the first day of classes.
Is this your first time meeting with someone from our office? Email email@example.com from your UConn email address to request to be added to our emailing list.
For more information, contact: Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org