Webster Banks is currently looking to hire five (5) full-time Loan Servicing Specialists. These are 6 month assignments but may have the opportunity to grow into full-time opportunities.
- Responsible for various loan and payment processing involving residential, business banking and Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. Work with existing staff to process transaction level activity in support of the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), the CARES Act and general deferment activity.
- Process the forgiveness transactions for the Disaster Assistance (EIDL) loans and grants where the customer also has a funded PPP loan.
- Assist in the set-up, transactional payments, application of government support and return to accrual of deferrals for the 1,000+ Business and Professional Banking Accounts.
- Balance the SBA transactional account (DDA).
- Apply the monthly payments for the CARES act loans.
- Assist with the design, implementation and monthly execution of the SBA 1502 report, the process by which we transact with the SBA.
- Perform basic to moderately complex general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of transaction and ledger accounts.
- Prepare records, analyze and report accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Complete Customer Service research and fulfillment as received through the Business Banking Customer Service mail box, phone inquiries, and One Touch workflows on the Business Banking portfolio.
- Complete accurate and timely Quality Control on Extensions, Renewals, Forbearances, and Modifications.
- Provide strong communication and follow up while working with the Business Banking Portfolio Managers.
- Provide accurate and timely completion of general account maintenance on the ALS system.
- Prepare loan histories and provide annual statements, as requested.
- Provide quality control check on annual 1098 tax forms for the Business Banking Portfolio.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or similar.
- Account reconciliation
- Payment processing
- Ability to post entries and update loan records
- Attention to detail
Log-in to Handshake and apply to #3779302 Associate Accountant at Webster Bank position. (Job name is in the process of being changed to Loan Servicing Specialist by Webster Bank)
For more information, contact: The Center for Career Development at email@example.com