Hello, Honors Community,
The Honors Programming and Events office is excited to solicit nominations for Honors Student Leadership Awards. We seek nominees for two awards:
Honors Student Leader of the Year: https://quest.uconn.edu/prog/honors_student_leader/
Nominees must be affiliated with an Honors organization – though they need not hold a formal or elected position – or an RA in an Honors Learning Community. Nominations from any member of the UConn community are welcome, including self-nominations.
There are five criteria used to select the Honors Student Leader of the Year. In selecting honorees, the committee seeks someone who:
- ...demonstrated reliable, consistent commitment toward their organization meeting its goals for the academic year;
- ...exceeded the standard expectations of their role in their efforts to support the organization;
- ...represented the ideals and mission of the organization, both to fellow organization members and to stakeholders outside the membership;
- ...fostered leadership amongst their organization's members and/or other UConn Honors students;
- ...made positive contributions toward co-creating an inclusive, strong, supportive Honors community.
Honors Organization of the Year: https://quest.uconn.edu/prog/honors_org/
Nominations from any member of the UConn community are welcome. You may nominate an Honors organization to which you belong, or you may feel free to nominate any other Honors organization listed on the application.
There are five criteria used to select the Honors Organization of the Year. In selecting honorees, the committee seeks organizations who:
- ..demonstrated innovation in meeting or exceeding their organizational goals for the academic year;
- ...exhibited consistent effort in meeting or exceeding their organizational goals for the academic year;
- ...fostered leadership amongst their members and/or other UConn Honors students, preferably beyond their own executive board members;
- ...made positive contributions toward co-creating an inclusive, strong, supportive Honors community;
- ...exemplified the Honors mission of "Explore, Create, Lead" and/or the Honors Programming & Events mission of "Empowering and developing UConn Honors students through providing holistic support, building campus connections, and fostering leadership while promoting an inclusive environment."
Additionally, we will present an Outstanding UHL Leadership Experience Award to a student who has completed the UHL Leadership Experience during the academic year.
Nominations are due by 5 PM on Friday, April 3. All recipients will be expected to attend the Honors Distinguished Alumni Ceremony and Student Leadership Awards from 4-6 PM on Saturday, May 2. If you have any questions regarding the awards, please contact the Honors Programming and Events Office at email@example.com
For more information, contact: Honors at firstname.lastname@example.org