Freshmen and Sophomores!
You could apply for the University Scholars Program.
The University Scholar Program is an opportunity for motivated and academically talented students to get more from their last three undergraduate semesters.
Under the guidance of a faculty advisory committee, a University Scholar:
- Engages in an intensive, focused University Scholar project, culminating in a high-level scholarly or creative accomplishment.
- Selects curricula, outlined in a plan of study, that are interdisciplinary or more in-depth investigations into his/her disciplines and that support his/her University Scholar project and academic goals.
Three semester program (last 3 semesters)
Apply fall of junior year.
Open to any Uconn Student
(you do not need to be an honors student)
University Scholars Enjoy:
- Award applied to the General University Fee and Student Health Services Fee for a maximum of 3 regular semesters (or until graduation as a University Scholar, whichever comes first)
- Access to funds for course credit fee waivers, for summer or intersession courses
- Awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for a maximum of 9 credits per student.
- Fee waivers are only available for charges labeled “tuition.”
- After registering, email your fee waiver request to the University Scholar Coordinator, Monica van Beusekom, and include your name, admin#, course subject, course number, and # of credits
- Removal of credit limits per semester
- Waiver of maximum credits in special topics, variable topics and independent study courses
- Permission to take graduate courses (5000-5999) (Permission must be requested from the instructor)
- Access to courses outside the student’s school or college
- Priority in housing (including guaranteed on-campus housing through senior year)
- Priority in registration for classes
- Extended loan privileges at the University library
- If accepted into a UConn graduate program, permission to work towards a graduate degree while an undergraduate and apply graduate-level courses taken as an undergraduate toward that graduate degree, subject to certain rules. See Advanced Degrees for details regarding these rules.
- Waiver of the UConn Graduate School application fee, if applying to a master’s program while a University Scholar. See Advanced Degrees for more information.
For further info: https://universityscholars.uconn.edu/
For more information, contact: Monica VanBeusekom at firstname.lastname@example.org