Full-Time Research Associate Opportunities
The Economic Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Associate (RA). The Department conducts innovative analysis and research on a variety of topics, including macroeconomics, monetary policy, labor, urban, and international economics. The Department has one immediate opening and multiple openings for RAs to start in late-spring to mid-summer 2020.
Key Activities Include:
- Assisting Ph.D. economists on academic research projects and monetary policy briefings.
- Gathering and analyzing data, programming economic models, and preparing charts for presentations on economic and financial conditions.
- More experienced RAs participate in econometric or theoretical research, write for Bank publications, and deliver speeches to civic and educational groups.
These are excellent positions for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics. RAs develop technical skills and are exposed to a broad range of economic research topics. Most RAs stay with the department for two to three years, at which point many return to graduate school. In recent years, RAs have gone on to Ph.D. programs at Boston College, New York University, Stanford University, University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, and University of Wisconsin.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a closely related field, such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Coursework or experience in economics required.
- Coursework or experience in econometrics, mathematics, and statistics highly desirable.
- Proficiency in programming languages and statistical software packages, such as Stata, Matlab, R, or Python highly desirable.
- Strong academic record.
- Experience with research and data analysis is highly desirable.
- Click link to apply: https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/10jresearch/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=228420
- Apply for “Research Associate” and please attach a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript copy. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Non-U.S. citizens with proper work authorization will be considered.
- Please apply between September 3, 2019 and October 31, 2019 to be considered. We will review applications on a rolling basis, so applying early is recommended.
- Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive notification if you have been selected for a phone interview.
For more information on the Economic Research Department and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit us on the web at www.kansascityfed.org. For information on RA openings throughout the Federal Reserve System, visit www.fedeconjobs.org.
For more information, contact: Economic Research Department and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City at www.fedeconjobs.org