Merchandising Internship Opportunity
Application Closes April 12, 2019
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
This Merchandising Internship opportunity exists in our Corporate Home Office in Framingham, MA. Over the course of this 12 week paid summer internship, you will learn and gain valuable experience and ultimately decide if a career in Merchandising at TJX is right for you. From day one, our Interns experience on-the-job and classroom training that will help them understand how our business works and how Merchandising impacts the bottom line. Throughout the internship, there are many opportunities to network and interact with all levels of management and participate in informative workshops, projects and team-building events.
As an Intern, you will be assigned to a specific category of business within Planning & Allocation or Buying. Placement is based on business needs.
In a business where you never experience the same day twice, here is a sampling of how we’ll challenge you to think creatively and drive for results:
- Analyze sales reports and make recommendations in the business
- Create allocation strategies for our stores
- Accompany Buyers on local or onsite vendor visits
- Visit stores to analyze our product mix as well as our competitors
- Resolve merchandise issues with our Distribution Centers, Buyers, and Vendors
- Work with other Interns to complete a project within your business and present to upper management
WHERE COULD IT TAKE YOU?
This is a well-respected and highly sought after Internship, so our selection process is very competitive. Based on your performance, you may have the opportunity to be recommended for a second internship or to join our Merchandising Development Program upon graduation.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This Internship is designed to give a head start to our future business leaders. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Sophomores and Juniors with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- A strong ability to work with numbers, analyze data and think critically
- A genuine interest in retail, product and following trends
- Students with an entrepreneurial spirit that want to drive for results
- Excellent communicators who work well in teams
- Students with proven leadership abilities and strong work ethic
- Problem solvers that can think creatively
- Self-starters who can multi-task in a fast paced environment
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Interested applicants should email their resume to Kara Bemis (Kara_Bemis@tjx.com) by April 12, 2019.
WHO ARE WE?
The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking No. 85 among Fortune 500 companies. At the end of 2017, the Company had over $35 billion in revenues, more than 4,000 stores in 9 countries, 3 e-commerce sites, and approximately 249,000 Associates. We operate T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com, in the United States; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; and T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, the Netherlands and Australia, as well as Homesense in the U.K and Ireland and tk.maxx.com in the U.K.
We see ourselves as a global, off-price, value retailer and our mission is to deliver great value to our customers. Our great flexibility has enabled us to succeed through various economic and retail environments.
We are proud of everything we’ve achieved as a business but we are even more excited about the future and what it could mean for your career. If you want to become a business leader within Retail Merchandising and Buying, this is the program where your adventure begins.
For more information, contact: Kristin Soprano at 860.486.5939