As the state's flagship public university, UConn feeds the talent pipeline for high paying jobs in Connecticut's growing industries. In partnership with Innovate Stamford, UConn's Office of the Vice President for Research is administering the UConn-Innovate Stamford Internship Program. Every year, the program supports 50 paid summer internships at companies in the Stamford Innovation District. Participating companies range from major corporations to high-potential smaller businesses and startups. As part of the program, interns will also be mentored in entrepreneurship and innovation by academic and business leaders. In addition, interns receive a $5,000 stipend, as well as no cost housing in dorms on the UConn Stamford campus.
For more information about the UConn-Innovate Stamford Internship Program, contact:
Corporate Relations Liaison
Office of the Vice President for Research
Summer Internship Opportunities
* Please review the internship descriptions and the list of eligibility criteria below before proceeding to the application. Applications will be accepted starting February 1, 2019.
* Eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be current UConn students in good standing.
- Applicants must be on track to graduate by 2020.
- Applicants must be able to commit to a full-time internship experience, including extra-curricular professional development activities, during the program timeline.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the state of Connecticut.
- Applicants may not apply for more than five separate opportunities listed as part of this program.
- Applicants should note that participation in the internship program could affect a their financial aid, since the stipend will be deposited into their UConn accounts. Please contact Student Financial Aid Services with any questions at 860.486.2819.