Research Intern Opportunity
The Economic Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Intern. Our economists research a range of topics with an emphasis on macroeconomics. For the summer of 2019, we are offering a paid research internship for an undergraduate student.
The intern will work with an economist on a project numerically modeling metropolitan land use, including how a metro’s productivity and consumption amenities determine its equilibrium population, land area, and commuting congestion [working paper version]. The position is an excellent fit for students with an interest in urban topics who are considering pursuing a Ph.D. in economics. Applicants must be continuing undergraduate students able to work full time for at least 10 weeks during the summer of 2019. Applicants should also meet the requirements below.
Required Education and Skills:
- ï�·Student in economics or a closely related field, such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- ï�·Outstanding academic record with three years of undergraduate education preferred.
- ï�· Excellent computer skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- ï�· Strong writing ability.
- ï�·Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, and computer science is desirable.
ï�· Apply for "Research Intern."
ï�· Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
ï�· Only US citizens will be considered. Foreign students with only Optional Practical Training are not eligible.
ï�· Please apply before January 7, 2019 to be considered.
For more information on the Economic Research Department and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit us on the web at www.kansascityfed.org.
Find out about Research Intern openings throughout the Federal Reserve System at www.fedeconjobs.org.
For more information, contact: KC Federal Reserve at www.KansasCityFed.org