Job Title: 2019 Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) Internship
Position: Summer Internship
Location(s): Roseland NJ, Woodbridge NJ, Newark NJ, Portland ME, Scottsdale AZ, Dresher PA, Hartford
CT, Scranton PA,
To be eligible for consideration, please complete your application by using the following link:
Link to apply à http://bit.ly/2019_WSG_Internship
Who are we?
Prudential Financial, a financial services leader with more than $1 trillion of assets under management, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management.
The U. S. businesses of Group Insurance and Retirement are aligned as the Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) which is oriented to meeting the needs of our customers through their workplace. These businesses are supported by Centralized Functions such as Marketing, Strategy and Group Operations.
Prudential Group Insurance, a division of Prudential Financial, Inc., has been providing benefit experiences that help create and protect financial wellness. Our wide range of employer-paid and voluntary coverages, including group life, accident, disability, critical illness, and retiree and global solutions, help address key unexpected risks that could impact financial wellness.
Prudential Retirement is known for creating and packaging investment, risk management and customer experience capabilities that deliver long-term financial security to millions of people, directly and through institutions and intermediaries.
What will your role at Prudential look like?
As a summer intern you will find yourself assigned to one of the following areas within the WSG Centralized Functions, Group Insurance or Retirement:
- Strategy, Consulting and Project Management(Newark NJ, Hartford CT, or Roseland NJ)
- Potential focus areas: innovation, research, strategy development, strategic initiatives, or project management methodologies
- Business Support, Operations and Client Services(Newark NJ, Hartford CT, Roseland NJ, or Dresher PA)
- Potential focus areas: process improvement, resource management and tracking, operational scorecards & dashboards, knowledge management, control functions, or data analysis & reporting capabilities
- Claims and Underwriting(Portland ME, Scottsdale AZ, Roseland NJ or Dresher PA)
- Potential focus areas: workflow & lifecycle management of Life, Disability, or Absence claims, special project work, customer service/support, data analysis & reporting capabilities or underwriting excellence
- Marketing (Roseland NJ or Hartford CT)
- Potential focus areas: strategic marketing, campaign management or marketing initiatives and innovation (digital spectrum)
- Distribution/Sales & Service Solutions(Roseland NJ, Newark NJ, Woodbridge NJ, Hartford CT, Scranton PA)
- Potential focus areas: learning & development or analytical & operational support for Retirement products & services (Full Service or Investment & Pension Solutions)
*You will have an opportunity to select your internship preference(s) for the areas above during the application process.
As an intern, you will be exposed to various learning experiences based on position and function. These can include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with seasoned leaders, mentors and coaches to assist in the information gathering process necessary to evaluate, analyze and manage data related to the Group Insurance and Retirement businesses.
- Analyzing customer data, trends, issues/opportunities and providing thoughtful process improvement solutions that benefit the customer experience.
- Facilitating meetings, maintaining project plans, partnering with key stakeholders on deliverables, creating presentations and agendas, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Current sophomores (May 2021 grads) or juniors (May 2020 grads) enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s degree program
- Demonstrated interest, skills and/or experience or majoring in Finance, Risk Management, Marketing, Communications, Customer Service, Insurance, Computer Science, Business or Economics; BS in Arts & Sciences a plus for certain roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to build relationships and influence people
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project) and digitally savvy
For 2019 internship roles, our interview process allows you to learn about our organization and provides several touchpoints for you to share your story. If selected to participate in first round interviews, you will be invited to an OnDemand digital interview. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of our team. If selected to participate in second round interviews, you will come on-site to meet us in person.
© 2018. Prudential Financial, Inc. Prudential is an equal opportunity employer (disability/veterans). EEO is the law.
For more information, contact: at