NEW ECON MAJOR MEETINGS:
- All New Econ Majors (new to Uconn and newly declared students) are required to attend one NEW ECON MAJOR MEETING for 1 hour
- The ECON Dept does NOT require you to come in to meet with an advisor each semester and will not place enrollment holds each semester before course registration.
Topics Covered in New Major Meeting:
o Major Requirements
o Course sequencing advisement and recommendations,
o ECON waitlists and permission number system,
o study abroad,
o double majors,
o dual degrees,
o academic certificate programs,
o professional development certificate programs,
o career guidance,
o ways to getting involved,
o processes and policies,
o course sequencing advisement and recommendations.
- New ECON majors will receive an email with information about the ECON Group Advising Sessions.
- Multiple sessions will be offered to accommodate different schedules.
- Pizza and drinks will be offered.
- Enrollment holds will be placed on new ECON students who have not attended one of these sessions before registration for fall begins in March.
- Students declared as an ECON major since August 2016 are required to attend once.
- Others are welcome to attend if you'd like information on any of the above.
- After attending this session, you will not be required to meet with an advisor, but are always welcomed and encouraged to do so as you need.
For more information, contact: Economics at 860-486-3022