Fall 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
The University of Connecticut added a COVID vaccine requirement for students who will be enrolled and attending class at any of the five campuses, including Storrs, Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury for the fall 2021 semester. Immunization requirements are in place to protect the health of the community. This requirement is consistent with the recommendation provided by the American College Health Association.
Demonstrating proof of vaccination – Deadline to Upload Proof of Vaccination: July 31, 2021
All UConn students on the Storrs and regional campuses are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to report vaccination compliance to Student Health and Wellness (SHaW).
- Students whose COVID-19 vaccination records are not in the CT-DPH database must upload their COVID-19 vaccination records into the SHaW patient portal.
- International students shall be considered in compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine requirement if they have been vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that has either been authorized for use in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or been authorized for use outside of the United States by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- International students who have received COVID-19 vaccines not authorized by the FDA or WHO will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Exemptions to the requirement – Deadline to Submit an Exemption Request: July 15, 2021
Immunization exemptions will be permitted under certain circumstances.
- Two types of exemptions for COVID-19 vaccine may be pursued: a medical exemption and a non-medical exemption.
- Students seeking an exemption must complete and submit an exemption form.
- Students will be notified of the status of their request by August 6, 2021.
- Providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination to SHaW can include a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Card, WHO Vaccine Booklet or documentation provided by a health care professional/organization/country.
- All documentation must include your name, vaccine manufacturer, number of doses and date received, vaccine lot number, and site of administration.
- All documentation must be submitted in English or accompanied by a certified translation at the student’s expense.
- International students who have received COVID-19 vaccines not authorized by the FDA or WHO should still provide proof and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, contact: Student Health and Wellness at StudentHealth@uconn.edu